Makhane Ki Barfi
The festival of lights is almost here! This time guess who is here to share her favorite traditional Indian delicacies with us all? Well, it’s the small screen’s most lovable couple Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar. The Bade Achhe Lagte Hain stars have come together for the festive special episode on the show Tyohaar Ki Thaali. In this episode, Sakshi makes her mom’s super hit Makhane Ki Barfi, Aloo Mutter ki Sabzi and Ajwain Puri. We are happy to bring you the recipe which Sakshi loves to binge on, the very delicious Makhane Ki Barfi. Here’s how you too can make Sakshi Tanwar’s favorite dish on Diwali 2017.
Ingredients for Makhane Ki Barfi :
- Makhana – 100 grams
- Raw peanuts – 100 grams
- Raisins – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom – 5
- Dry Coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Silver leaf – 1
- Almonds and pistachios for garnishing
Method for Makhane Ki Barfi :
- To make makhane ki barfi, first dry roast the makhana keep it aside to cool.
- Dry roast peanuts and then keep it aside too. You need to cool the peanuts and then remove the husk.
- Once both the ingredients come to room temperature, toss them into a grinder and coarsely grind it.
- Then take a pan and make some sugar syrup; a little bit more than 1 thread consistency. Meanwhile make cardamom powder in mortar pestle.
- In another pan add the ground makhana, peanut powder, raisins, dry coconut powder, cardamom powder and dry roast on slow flame.
- After cooking it for a while add the the sugar syrup and give it a good mix.
- Take a flat vessel, grease it with ghee and place the makhana barfi mix into it and spread it while it’s still warm.
- Cool it, garnish with silver leaf and slivered almonds and pistachios.
You are all set to serve a delicious makhana barfi made at home within a few minutes.