Pregnancy is a stressful time for a mother. As the days pass, the anxiousness increase and the mother to be gets more and more restless. The baby’s weight increases the maximum in the ninth month and hence, it becomes very difficult for her to sit and lie down. Among all the anxiety, preparing for the hospital becomes a challenging job.
Today SheNeeds is bringing to you a comprehensive list of each and everything you will need for your stay in the hospital. Right from your tooth brush to the essentials of your baby, we have covered it all and you don’t need to worry about missing out on anything.
- It’s very unlikely that the hospital gives you permission to wear the gowns which you bring. They have their own gowns and for your entire stay you will be wearing them.
- Carry atleast five nursing bras because after the initial first day your milk supply will boost up and you may find yourself leaking all the time.
- Underwears are a must carry because your flow will be heavy no matter you undergo a c-sec or a normal delivery. Carry the loose ones because your stitches might hurt when you wear your regular size.
- Carry two full size and five hand towels.
- Two pair of socks; you might not want to crack those heels.
- Take almost twelve loose fitting jhablas for the baby. You will find yourself changing his clothes very often.
- 24 langots; they pee very often
- Socks and mittens 3 pairs
- Sleep suits- 2
- Cotton caps 3
- Make sure that all the clothing of the baby is in natural fiber because synthetic fibers or polyesters can create rashes
- 2 baby towels
- 2 baby blankets
- 3 Quick dry sheets
- Swaddles because babies feels like they are in the womb when they gets wrapped up and their body heat is kept intact. They cry very less and don’t puke that much.
- Baby’s soap or baby wash
- Coconut oil for application on their privates; it’s the best anti rash cream.
- Diaper rash cream
- Baby lotion
- Diapers; even if you prefer keeping your child in cloth langots, it’s preferred to make them wear diapers at night so that every time they pee, they don’t make you wake up.
- Baby care kit- This kit is easily available in the market. It contains a nasal suction bulb, a comb, a hair brush, a nail clipper.
- Baby wipes
- Your tooth brush
- Tooth paste
- Soap or body wash
- Cleansing wipes
- Sanitary pads
- Body lotion
- Lip balm as your lips will get chapped for sure
- Hair ruffels
- 3 muslin burp cloths
- 3 muslin bibs
- Breast Pump
- Feeding bottle
- Feeding pillow; it’s a must because it will support your back while you will feed your baby.
- Breastmilk storage bags
- Nipple butter