Navratri is celebrated in different flavors all though out our country. In Gujrat and Maharashtra the colors of Navratri are totally different than the ones which are created in the eastern part of India. The concept of Durga Puja is taken from the culture of West Bengal. A new flavor of traditions are also seen in Odisha, Assam and Tripura to honor goddess Durga. The festival is called Durgotsav and it epitomizes victory of good over evil. All the Durga Puja pandals celebrate the Mahishasur Mardini and her fierceness. Apart from the Bengali traditions, Bengali white sarees with a bright red border are almost a symbol of Durga Puja.
Today SheNeeds is bringing to you the way with which you can create a Bengali look and look like those goddess with breathtaking looks. Let’s create magic.
- Begin with a clean face and use some primer on your face so that your makeup stays for long. If you don’t have a primer, you can use Nivea Men’s after shave balm. It works as a great primer on both oily and dry skin. Use a foundation that matches your skin tone and blend it well.
- Then apply some concealer under your eyes to cover the dark circles and to even out the complexion. Blend it well with the foundation and make sure the two colors are not visible.
- Every Bengali girl likes to accentuate her eyes. Bengalis have bog beautiful eyes and they create a dramatic effect to make them look more appealing. Start priming your eyelids with a concealer and set it with some translucent powder.
- Stick scotch tapes at the end of your eyes to get a clean eye makeup. Begin by applying a light brown eye shadow shade as your transition color on the crease line. Follow it up with some brick color within the crease and blend it right across the crease.
- Since you are creating big eye look, a smokey eye is the perfect option. Use some black eye shadow on the outer edge of your eye lid and blend it in along the crease. Use a shimmery silver eye shadow as shown in the video for the center of your eye lids and the inner corners. Use a brown color to blend both black and silver. Don’t forget to add glitter on the silver corners of your eyes. Highlight your brow bones.
- Remove the tape and use some kajal on your waterline. Then use eyeliner on your top lash line. To make the make up dramatic you need to create wings. Blend some black eye shadow on your lower waterline to get a slightly smokey look. To add some drama, apply false lashes and then add a dash of mascara to blend your real lashes with the falsies.
- Using a contour kit, define your cheekbones, jawline and hairline. Use a blush which goes well with your skin tone. A peach or a pink is the best way to go. Then use some highlighter on high points of your face.
- Opt for a bright colored liquid lip color to get the perfect look. Pull your hair into a bun. It’s time to adorn your hair with some flowers. Add a big, bright bindi and you are all set to rock.
Have a look at the tutorial..