Everyone wants to eat healthy and stay fit. But when it comes to cooking our laziness kicks in and we end up eating things which can be made with lesser efforts and very often they are not the healthy ones we crave for. To kick start a healthy eating practice, this soup from Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s kitchen is perfect. With the goodness of two most nutritious veggies; Beetroot and Carrots.
This soup has numerous benefits and it works miraculously towards weight loss. It contains high amount of iron which is good for your hair and skin. Beetroot is rich in beta-carotene, iron, vitamins, beta-cyanine, and folic acid. Whereas carrots have high beta-carotene and fiber content and are also enriched with ample amounts of potassium, iron, copper, and manganese. This soups has all the qualities to serve as a great anti-oxidant.
The recipe is brought to us by the fittest celebrity of Bollywood and she swears by the goodness of this soup. The preparation time for this soup is just 15 minutes and it contains just 318 Kcal per serving. Let’s get started with the recipe. (ALSO READ: Shilpa Shetty Kundra Teaches You How To Make Strawberry-Blueberry Smoothie)
1 medium beetroot, peeled and thinly diced
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 diced carrot
1 teaspoon fresh ginger; grated or minced
1 garlic clove; grated or minced
1 cub of vegetable stock in 500 ml of water
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon butter (Optional)
- Take a small pressure cooker and add one tablespoon oil to it. Let it heat and then add chopped onions to it. Saute them till the time they turn golden brown in color.
- Add freshly minced ginger and keep stirring for another two minutes.
- Add the chopped beetroot and carrot to the ginger onion mix.
- Add 1 cub of vegetable stock in 500 ml of water.
- Add salt as per your taste. A little sprinkle of black pepper would also enhance the flavor. (ALSO READ: Shilpa Shetty Always Skips This One Thing From Her Diet and Her Results Are Outstanding)
- Cook for ten minutes to make sure that the beetroot and carrots are tender.
- Blend the mixture to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve the soup in bowls; you can add butter but it is completely optional.