The scorching heat is taking away all our energy. We are drained and dehydrated. Sipping water just doesn’t give us the nutrition to fight the extreme temperatures. We need something which will give our bodies an energy spike along with the much needed nutrition.
Badam Milk or Almond Milk is one such soothing drink which can offer this comfort to us. A chilled glass of Almond Milk is a god sent savior. Here is the recipe of making your own Almond Milk at home and store it for a day or two.
Saffron Strands: 4-5
Milk: 500ml for every 25 almonds
Cardamom Powder: 1/4 of a teaspoon
Sugar: 2 tablespoon or as per your preference
- Soak the almonds for five to six hours.
- Keep the saffron strands dipped in a tablespoon of milk so that they can blend well with the milk later.
- Peel the almonds and Blend them well before setting them aside. You can blend sugar with almonds too. Add a little bit of water to make a smooth paste.
- In a pan boil the milk and add cardamom powder and the saffron soaked milk.
- Add the almond paste to the boiled milk.
- Let it boil for about two minutes before taking it off the heat.
- Cool it down and put it in the refrigerator to serve a chilled drink whenever you want
- Make sure that you blend it well if you are serving it to your child.
Health Benefits of Almond Milk
It contains minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc. The vitamin quotient of Almond Milk is also very high. It contains vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate and vitamin E.
You can serve this milk to your kids with cornflakes or can use it to make Kheer. The kids enjoy this super delicious drink and it’s healthy for their bones and immunity.