Brownies are always a treat. Not just kids but the grown ups too love to munch on a piece or two every time they get a glance of these delicious savories. They can be served as a dessert, as breakfast which the kids love by the way, as an evening snack, and most importantly the favorites for on the go snacking.
Let’s cut to the chase and get to the recipe. Gear up for the extra hugs and kisses because you are just about to become everyone’s favorite.
- Flour (Maida) – 2 cups
- Castor Sugar – 2 cups
- Cocoa Powder( Cadbury)- 1 ¼ cups
- Baking Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 150ML
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
- Oil or Butter – 100gms or 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tablespoon
- Walnuts – ¼ cup
- Sift the refined flour, Chocolate Powder, castor sugar in a pan.
- Add the baking powder and baking soda.
- In a different pan boil the milk. When it comes to a boil, add vinegar and let it separate.
- Let the separated milk coll down along with the whey.
- Add Vanilla extract and butter.
- Mix in the dry mixture of flour. Make sure that you use the same motion. Use small portions at a time to avoid lumps.
- Add walnuts
- Pour the batter into a square tin sifted with a little flour.
- Splrinkle some crushed Walnut kernels on top of the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Let it cook for 20 minutes.
You yummy Walnut Brownies are ready to served hot. If you wish to add more magic to these brownies add a scoop of ice-cream on top. Or a layer of chocolate syrup would also do wonders.