Who doesn’t love snacking? We all love to eat on the go or while working or with tea. For all the foodies, the food they choose work like their mood fixer. No matter how dull they are, there is always some dish which can lift their spirits up. Here is one such dish which will not take much of your time and is a perfect snack while watching a movie at home, or having friends over for tea.
For Potato Wedges
- 4 large potatoes cut to thick wedges
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp red chilly sauce
- ½ tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted Sesame seed
For the preparation of Sauce:
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp hot chilly flakes
- 1 spring onion, chopped along with the greens.
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak the potato wedges in water. Sprinkle a little bit of salt and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok to deep fry the potatoes.
- While the oil gets heated, Mix 2 tbsp corn flour, 1 tsp tomato ketchup, 1 tsp red chilli sauce, ½ tsp chilly powder, 1 tsp garlic paste. Add little salt to taste and coat the drained potatoes in the mixture.
- Add the potatoes to the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown and crisp. Drain out onto a kitchen tissue roll to remove the excess oil.
For the Sauce:
- Place a small frying pan on the stove and heat a tablespoon of oil. Fry the onion bulb and garlic until golden brown, then add the chilly flakes.
- Then just stir in honey, vinegar, tomato sauce, turn off the heat and dress with salt.
- Toss the fried potatoes in the freshly prepared honey chilly sauce, spoon out onto the serving dish
- You can garnish with spring onion sprinkles and toasted sesame.