Almonds are among the most talked about nuts because of the fiber, protein, magnesium, healthy fats and vitamin E that are packed in them. There are many benefits of eating almonds from head to toe. How does almond cookies sound to you? interesting right? Few cookies with a cup of tea or coffee will be fun.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup coarsely grounded almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a dough. It will be very sot at this point
- Roll the dough into 1.5 2 inch cylinders
- Place them on a tray, cover with food wrap and keep the dough in refrigerator or a couple of hours until it becomes firm so you can cur I into thin slices. If you are in rush, you can place in the freezer
- Once the dough is firm enough, cut into 1/3 of an inch slices and place them on a baking tray. If the dough is too firm to cut, leave it on the counter for a little while and it should become soft
- Bake them for 15 to 25 minutes and keep an eye on them after 15 minutes. They should just start to sell and the bottom of the cookie should be golden brown or may be a little dark
- Take the tray out and leave cookies on the tray for 10 minutes they will continue to cook a little
Healthy Version: You can replace all-purpose flour with whole wheat or multigrain flour. They taste as good as the all purpose ones but the wheat ones won’t be as crispy
Happy baking and please don’t forget share your baking experience!!