Nuts are packed with essential nutrients, heart-healthy fats and protein. Eating a fist full of nuts is considered healthy and we all know that. How many of us eat nuts everyday. It will be very few of us I suppose. Here we came up with a healthy and fun recipe that has no added sugar and can provide you some important nutrients to keep you energized for the day.
- Any three dry fruits of your choice (Almonds/ Walnuts/ Pecans/ Pistachio) 1 cup each
- 1 cup flax seed.
- 15 to 20 dates. You may need more or less based on the size and moisture in the dates
- Cardamom to taste
- Roast flax seeds and let them cool. Grind them to a fine powder and keep it aside
- Make a course powder of all the nuts. You should start with almonds as they need some extra grinding time
- In the same jar add cardamom powder, flax seed powder and dates few at a time and grind it on low speed. You will start to see the powder turning into doughy consistency
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and make them into bite size rounds or of desired size
Every kid would love chocolate. You can add one to two tablespoons of cocoa powder to get some chocolate flavor. If you do not want them too sweet, you can reduce the amount of dates. Adding a tablespoon of ghee will give you more flavor. This is with cocoa powder
Let us know how they turned out and we would love know your inputs